Whitehead School Vision
Our vision is for every student attending Whitehead Elementary School to have the requisite skills needed to be successful in middle school and high school; and ultimately college, career, and life.
We, the staff of Whitehead Elementary School, believe that we must:
• Work together to create a respectful environment that fosters a love of learning, creates productive and caring students, and empowers students to become lifelong learners.
• Hold high expectations for self and students.
• Encourage students to work to their potential.
• Celebrate student successes.
• Provide a safe, caring, and respectful learning environment that promotes high academic achievement and personal growth.
• Engage parents and community members as essential partners in implementing and extending district and school-based initiatives, activities, and decisions.
• Implement exemplary instructional practices that promote and focus on increasing the students’ academic achievement.
• Participate in ongoing professional development activities to ensure knowledge and use of research-based programs, practices, and strategies.
• Engage in reflective thinking to ensure mastery of grade-level standards.
• Deliver a standards-based instructional program that meets the needs of the students.
• Assist and support students in the effective use of technology in order to extend their understanding and mastery of grade level standards.